Day 3: Develop Your Platform-Building Plan-Part 1
“If you go to work on your goals, your goals will go to work on you. If you go to work on your plan, your plan will go to work on you. Whatever good things we build end up building us. ” Jim Rohn
It’s advantageous to develop a Plan. It will serve you as a Blue Print. What you build will attract the attention of the right kind of people. The people you want to market to includes.
• Your Budget (for Marketing/Client Acquisiton)
• Your Niche
• Your Competition
• Your Strengths/Assets
• Your Obstacles/Blind Spots
• Your Marketing Language Bank (including Pain/Gain Factors)
• Your “Indisputable Points of Proof”
• Your Goals (Clients, Dollars, Revenue, Projects)
• Your Strategies
• Your Tactics (How?When?How often?Who does them?
Your Budget (For Marketing and Client Acquisition):
You need to set aside each month for your marketing fund. How much can you set aside? Going to industry meetings costs money. Paying a web designer for a basic website cost money. Think about a monthly number that make sense for a simple budget.
You could niche my target market. If niching By target market doesn’t fit for your business, you can also niche:
• By functional are (for example, do you sell to HR people, finance people, IT people?
• By industry (for example, banking, construction, health care)
• By level (senior execs, high school students, or first-time supervisors)
• By method (onsite, offsite, virtual, remote, on-demand, in person etc.
• By media (perhaps you’re known for the podcast, the e-zine, or the bling in your specific are of expertise)
Do a quickie google search of several competitors. Once you have located 5-7 competitors study how they present their value proposition. What do they say and how they say it.
Your Strengths and Assets:
When your building this platform you need to know you strengths and assets. Jot down 3-5.
Activity: Your biggest Marketing Assets or Strengths:
Your obstacles and blind Spots:
It is vital to know yourself so that you can manage you way around weaknesses or blind spots and not let them derailleur your business success. Focus on identifying 3-5 for right now.
For today your are done with Part 1. Tomorrow we will continue with Part 2.